To promote the environmental, social, and economic resources to sustain emotional and physical well-being among people in ways that advance their aspirations and satisfy their needs in West Nile.
The Protection and Community health department in WN-CARD aims to improve the psycho-social support health and wellbeing of the communities in West Nile by:
- Enhance mechanisms to ensure PSEA and SH mainstreaming, in parallel with targeted efforts to address sexual
- Strengthen outreach to communities and community-based feedback mechanisms (CBCM) to facilitate
and improve SEA reporting and community engagement.
- Conduct training and awareness-raising on sexual misconduct.
- Continue to enhance processes and procedures for the handling of sexual misconduct cases to ensure a systematic,
coordinated, and victim-centered approach.
- Strengthen guidance on addressing sexual misconduct.
- Encouraging people to actively participate in their own health care
- Working together with other primary health care providers such as general practitioners (GPs) to provide coordinated care
- Liaising with other health agencies and service providers to fill service gaps especially for referrals.
- Encouraging individuals and community groups to actively participate in the Organization’s activities, including service planning, fundraising and volunteer work
- Promoting prevention of lifestyle-related diseases and conditions
- Developing health care programs and activities to improve social and physical environments in our communities.
The programmes include:-
- Health Education program
- HIV/AIDS interventions
- Care and treatment and
- Psycho-social support
- A) Maternal child health promotion
- Malaria in pregnancy and under fives
- Promotion of early health seeking behavior
- Promotion of good nutrition among pregnant mothers and under-fives
- B)Reproductive Heath
- Family planning
- Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health
- Sexual Reproductive Health Rights
- C) Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Ensuring access to qualitative and quantitative water supply
- Sanitation demand creation (CLTS, PHAST)
- WASH Governance
- Behavior Change Communication (BCC/IEC)
- D) Counseling Services in
- Stress management
- Alcohol and other substance addiction
- Ageing and loneliness
- Juvenile delinquencies
WN-CARD has also in partnership with World Action Fund (WAF) a local CBO distributing over 150 wheel chairs to aid movement for the physically disabled individuals including children.