- To enhance and promote the capacity of the community awareness in fight to prevent and mitigate the impact of HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, Cholera and other diseases.
- To promote sustainable use of renewable energy technologies, solar lamps, afri pads, water filters, energy saving, cooking stove among the vulnerable poor in the rural communities.
- To promote access to safe water and good sanitation and hygiene management for improved livelihoods.
- To enhance meaningful participation of all people especially the marginalized groups in development and governance issues within their society.
- To promote peace building and conflict transformation in the communities
- To provide a plat form for the elimination and reduction of gender disparities and ensure equal access to all levels of education and vocation training for the vulnerable in the community.
- To promote economic development through eradication of poverty, attainment of good quality of life and standard of living of the people of in particular setting.
- To create sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources and ensure that people have the relevant information and awareness for sustainable development and lifestyle in harmony with nature Promotion of good governance and integration at work.
- To empower adolescent girls/youths (14-18years) who have dropped out of school with basic life skills to solve problem, acquire vocational skills for self-employment to live a just life.
- To enhance the capacity of marginalized groups to increase their income and ability to meet their needs on sustainable basis. Functional community based savings groups (CBSGs) trained to enhance savings culture: access to credit and build social capital for solving problems in the society.
COMMUNITY HEALTH AND PROTECTION – SRMH & GBV
To promote the environmental, social, and economic resources to sustain emotional and physical well-being among people in ways that advance their aspirations and satisfy their needs in West Nile.
The Community health department in WN-CARD aims to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in West Nile by:
The programmes include:-
d. Care and treatment and
e. Psycho-social support
a. Malaria in pregnancy and under fives
b. Promotion of early health seeking behavior
d. Promotion of good nutrition among pregnant mothers and under-fives
a. Family planning
b. Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health
c. Sexual Reproductive Health Rights
a. Ensuring access to qualitative and quantitative water supply
b. Sanitation demand creation (CLTS, PHAST)
c. WASH Governance
d. Behavior Change Communication (BCC/IEC)
a) Stress management
b) Alcohol and other substance addiction
c) Ageing and loneliness
d) Juvenile delinquencies
ENVIRONMENT AND ENERGY
To promote efficient management of environmental conservation & restoration and access to sustainable energy to achieve sustainable development.
· To promote environmental Conservation and Restoration.
· To promote safe access to sustainable energy utilization.
The following are the programmes in detail:
i. Environmental Conservation, Restoration and Access to Energy
ii. Promotion of access to safe energy technologies
a. Solar energy
b. Energy saving technologies (cook stoves, Briquettes)
c. Bio gas technologies
iii. Sustainable land use and management
b. Ownership and land rights
c. Promotion of women’s rights to participation and ownership of land
SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE AND LIVELIHOOD
ENTREPRENEURIAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Goal: To provide inspiration to people for setting up small, local Industries, by utilization of resources available in the nearby areas and areas of their links.
- To Provide Training to Operate Business
- To Create Awareness about Availability of the Resources
- To Promote Small, Cottage & Local Industries
- To Encourage Self Employment Tendencies
- To Provide Knowledge about Government Plans and Programmes
- To Create Awareness about Marketing
Programmes in Entrepreneurial Development
- Training in marketable, business, vocational, and technical entrepreneurial skills
- Provision of startup kits
- Entrepreneurial coaching and business counseling
- Community Savings and Credit Groups (VSLA) promotion
- Linking the entrepreneurs with financing institutions and groups